Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kinderwriter time!

Oh boy! The time is finally here! Miss Cabral (from Watergrass Elementary and one of my best friends) and I are ready to have our students meet through the computer. Our first Kinderwriter meeting will be tomorrow. Well, as long as technology cooperates! My cupcakes have been working on writing factual pieces about penguins. We researched penguins as a class then we got our brains going by filling out a graphic organizer. I found a great graphic organizer and cover page from KinderAlphabet.com! We talked about citing evidence from text and how to organize our writing so that it makes sense to the reader. The goal this week was to write a "3 Star Sentence".  The cupcakes had a rubric to guide them made with a little teamwork from Miss Cabral and I. The other goal was to end the report with a concluding sentence. Next week, the cupcakes will have to cite actual evidence of their findings and information in their writing. This week they were able to verbally share how they found their information. My cupcakes are getting college and career ready! Check out a sample below. All of the Kinderwriters did a SPECTACULAR job this week. I was so impressed and proud of them. I think Winter Break helped all of us come back refreshed and ready to tackle more complex goals! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment